Saturday, July 21
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
On Saturday, July 21, Adventure Science Center invites Middle Tennesseans to indulge their inner-foodie during “CHOMP!” – a special event exploring questions such as: What do flowers have to do with fruits and vegetables? Why are some people known as super-tasters? What is the chemistry of your morning cup of coffee? This special event answers these questions and more.
Wouldn’t you like to create fruit and vegetable art or discover how many insects are found in common foods? Or you could talk with Bongo Java Roasting Co. about why roasting beans is so important to the delicious flavor of coffee. Visit Olive and Sinclair Chocolate Company to learn about how chocolate is created - from cacao beans to delectable desserts. Explore the newest trends in cooking science – molecular gastronomy!
Activities (many more to come!):
- See how chicks are hatched with UCAN (Urban Chicken of Nashville)
- Create edible art sculptures from vegetables and fruits
- Paint with food pigments
- Enjoy gardening demonstrations to learn how to grow your own food
- Play "Wheel of Portions" for prizes
- Watch how ice cream pellets are formed using liquid nitrogen and then sample delicious Blue Bell Creamery ice crean!