Join the club! Adventure Science Center invites young scientists ages 12-14 to participate in a new program where they can go in-depth with exciting science concepts and meet new friends.
Classes begin promptly at 3 p.m. and are 2 hours in length.
Science Explorers will work together to design, build, and program the new Lego Mindstorms® robot EV3 to complete First Lego League challenges. Through a variety of hands-on minds-on activities, club members will develop their practical machine-building skills and knowledge.
- Why Robotics?
- Introduction to LEGO® Mindstorms®
- Introduction to the EV3 model
- NXT model vs. EV3 model (compare and contrast)
- Designing models
- Building models
- Basic programming
- Turns: Geometry and Math for a Robot
- Advanced programming
- Sensors and Program Control
- First LEGO® League Challenges
- Fine tuning
- Showcase of models
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615) 401-5053.